Monday, December 31

SPECTACULAR FINDS OF 2007

As the year comes to a close, I have been fortunate enough to be introduced to some wonderful products, artists and crafters over the year. I will share them with you!



  1. Natures Corridor is a Wisconsin artist who creates warm and wonderful watercolor and acrylic paintings. I absolutely love the colors she uses, the hint of whimsy in her watercolors, and the movement she creates in the trees and landscapes are mesmerizing!

  2. Natalya Sots is a ceramics artist from Schaumburg, Illinois. She makes teapots, cups, plates, bowls and bells too! Her creations are fun and pack a colorful punch! My favorite piece is the Mad Hatter Teapot.

  3. sjDESIGNS is an exquisite greeting card crafter from Omaha, Nebraska. I have been purchasing cards from Stephanie (sjDESIGNS) for over a year, and every card is perfection. If you are looking for unique and very well-made greeting cards, look no further!

  4. Block Party Press is no ordinary polymer clay artist! Hailing from Baltimore, Maryland, she creates all of her designs by first making a hand-carved stamp, then using the stamp in the clay. Thus all of her designs are uniquely hers! Additionally, she uses a special distressing technique on her items too, which further creates a unique yet distinguished look.

  5. Soapylove is the creator of bright, cheerful, and perfectly scented glycerin soaps and soapsicles. They make great gifts, especially for kids and the kid-at-heart! Debbie (Soapylove) hails from San Diego, California, and her soaps can be found around the globe and on Etsy.

  6. KimonoMomo is obsessed with vintage Japanese textiles. Carol is the creative genius behind Kimono Momo where she reconstructs vintage kimono and obi into one-of-a-kind works of art, namely scarves and handbags. Each piece is uniquely beautiful...and if you are looking for vintage fabrics, Carol also has some available in her Etsy shop!
  7. Precious Meshes is a wire and jewelry artist. Emily Conroy crochets fine gauge wire to create masterful works of art! Some of my favorite pieces are her Anemone Hoop Earrings. Emily is also co-owner of VIX Emporium in West Philadelphia, which features independent artists and crafters from around the world.
  8. Purusha creates "All Natural Handmade Soaps" and is based out of New York City. I have been an avid handmade soap user for over three years for two main reasons: Handmade natural soaps are better for the environment (no nasty chemicals being washed down the drain) and handmade natural soaps have done wonders for my skin.

Of course, these are in no particular order and I'm almost certain I have neglected a few talented artists and crafters...but the best thing about a blog...I can edit and update the list! :) So watch for additional 2007 Spectacular Finds over the next week or so.

Again, I would like to wish everyone a warm and joyful New Year! Oh, and be on the lookout for a special sales announcement in your mailbox (hint-hint)!

3 comments:

Erin Nowak, Designer and Illustrator said...

Hi Dawn!I You've been tagged! Check out my current post at bridedesign.blogspot.com for details!

PS I can't wait to forward this post of yours on to my best friend who lives in Madison! She'll love your insider tips!

Block Party Press said...

Wow Dawn!! Thanks so much for including me in your list! I am very honored to be in such great company!

Elements by Dawn said...

You are most welcome, Block Party Press!