Sunday, December 9

The day AFTER

Yesterday was the ART vs. CRAFT event in Milwaukee, and despite freezing temperatures, the show was outstanding!

I was able to meet a few new crafters and briefly catch-up with familiar faces too. At this event I was next to two wonderful upcyclers, Holly and Alex of GroveCraft. The duo is from Minnesota and create wonderfully warm and soft embellished mittens and hats from upcycled wool and cashmere sweaters. Toasty!

Also near me was Becky of MyMishMosh. Becky is from the Milwaukee area and specializes in making creations from bicycle parts (jewelry, collage and assemblages) and duct tape wallets and purses. Ingenious!

I was also pleased to meet fellow WIST (Wisconsin Street Team) member, Bobbi of KittyGrrls, Knits and Spins. She makes wonderfully soft and colorful hand-dyed yarns. Yum! Even Cari from MudandMint stopped by to say "hi."

A familiar face, or should I say faces, were Emily Frances and her husband, Pat. If you recall, they were my booth neighbors during the Summer version of Art vs. Craft. I am proud to announce they have joined Etsy and will be selling their silkscreened shirts, oil cloth aprons (my favorite!) and her wonderful capes. Visit their soon-to-be-open shop on Etsy.

I also must give some much-deserved praise to the promoters, Faythe Levine and Kim Kisiolek! They have always done a superb job of organizing and advertising the event. Thank you, ladies!

No comments: