Friday, December 26

Handmade Pledge

It is now time for my Handmade Pledge confession....

But first, the good news! Just about everyone in my family received at least one handmade gift! My sons received handmade button/badges, a stuffed creature (upcycled fabrics), and mini notebooks (also upcycled). My sister and her husband received some graphic decals for their new home. Grandma received handmade bath silk, and my BFF received a marvelous piece of functional pottery. My husband? Well, that's were the confession comes in. He had his heart set on a GPS. So, he got a GPS. And me? Well, as hard as we tried, we were not able to find a pair of cool wool socks for me. I had a specific pattern in mind and a specific cut too. We searched for days to find these coveted wool socks, but to no avail. So we ordered from SmartWool. On the up side, they do practice sustainability and donate 10% of their online sales to various charities.

How did you do? Did you discover any great handmade items and makers?

No comments: