Monday, December 1

Green Tip of the Day

I recently found an excellent site which gives daily little tips on how to make your world and life a little greener. Ideal Bite is delivered to my inbox Monday through Friday. I especially liked this tip:

Don't throw out your holiday cards! Recycle them by reusing them as gift tags! The article suggests using pinking shears (or other fancy scissors) to make interesting and unique gift tags. I suppose you can also keep birthday cards and Easter cards to do the same. :)

Here's a tip from me: call around to local senior centers or women/children shelters. Many times these organizations are in desperate need of crafting supplies. Here, in Racine WI, the senior center uses old greeting cards for their residents. The cutting, pasting and creative process of crafting helps many of their patrons keep busy and it also helps with dexterity.

What else can we do with "old" greeting cards??

No comments: