Monday, March 17

the RAM

I have decided and officially committed to entering 2 works of art into the Racine Art Museum's (RAM) Student Show. The two shows will run May 24th through July 12th.

The first exhibit's theme is color. The show is titled, "What's With Hue?" For this exhibit I have chosen to highlight colored gemstones. After drawing-up 20 or more designs, I decided on creating two sterling silver bracelets...one will be antiqued and the other will be a high polish. The colored gemstones I chose are Peridot and Swiss Blue Topaz. Now I just have to finalize whether I want to use both colored gems in a single bracelet, or only one. Hmmm...what do you prefer?

The second exhibit's theme is nature. This show is titled, "All Natural Ingredients." For this exhibit I will be creating a hand-knotted natural lavender pearl necklace with a sterling silver toggle clasp. I'm really excited about this piece! My pearls just arrived the other day and they are truly magnificent to behold! I have a weakness for pearls in general, but the color of these natural gemstones are just delicious! I almost can't wait to start knotting them on the silk threads.

I'll be sure to post pictures of their progress over the next few weeks.

No comments: