Friday, March 21

Making Easter a little more GREEN


Seems like I've had green on the brain lately! Eco-green and the color!


Well, for the past few years I have been avoiding buying plastic Easter grass to fill the kids' Easter baskets. Besides the fact that I think it is such a waste, stray pieces always seem to plug up the vacuum cleaner's beater bar, and I've been told some pets like to eat it. Yuck!

I usually buy paper grass to fill the baskets. This way I can reuse the shreddings for packaging and it doesn't seem to affect my vacuuming either. Two very big pluses for paper Easter grass.

This year paper Easter grass was no where to be found. I decided to make my own. It may not be as long or crinkly (sp?) as the kind I used to buy, but it will fill the void quite nicely. I used my paper shredder (which usually shreds all that junk mail and obscene credit card offers) to shred a few sheets of green and yellow colored paper. I like the way it turned out, if I do say so myself!

Wishing all my readers a Happy Easter!

No comments: