Saturday, September 6

2008 Fall Fashion Trends

Yep. I said it. Fashion trends!

Minimalism is IN this season. From Kenneth Cole to Valentino, the runway is filled with stark fashion. No prints, buttons, feathers, rhinestones, or even hints of contrasting stitches or embroidery is to be found. The lines are clean. Simple. Tailored. Perhaps I'm a little partial since I do consider my jewelry lines to fall into this category. But, hey, I have always been an admirer of simple lines and form.

However, bold prints, flowers, botanicals and flowing gowns are seen on other runways this season. Leaf prints and muted colors are taking center stage as well. Fendi and Ralph Lauren are embracing mother nature! Soft greens and Earthy browns are paired to really complete the theme.

Plaids and tweeds have also been on the fashion radar! Oh, and ladies...hips are in too! Show off your womanly curves with confidence (finally!).

Ha! Do you spy a 'trend' here? One of my favorite things about fashion trends are well....there always seems to be something for everyone. While I'm not much a fan of plaid and tweed and I prefer my hips to be underwraps, I do adore botanicals and minimalism. But the best advice I know of is "where what makes you feel good." Because when you feel good, you look good. You're confident, and that in its self is sexy and cool. Spend your money on great, well constructed basics and change up your accessories to keep up with the trends. After all, an awesome pair of jeans looks great with a plaid jacket, ruffled blouse, or even a silver sequined bustier!!

1 comment:

f2images said...

I totally agree. I'm a huge fan of simple simple simple.....less is more. Love Kenneth Cole Jewelry. Really like a lot of the metals/finishes used. Also, love to rock the hoop...that was my vote!! :)