Friday, July 18

Working on a FRESH start

Where have I been hiding? Well, I wouldn't say I've been hiding! Just elbow deep in creativity.

This past month or so I've been working on an Elements by Dawn make over. I'm doing a ton of research and reading on web design, ecommerce, blogging (well, how to integrate a blog onto my website, anyway!), graphic design, newsletters and so much more. It's all a bit overwhelming for someone who knows so very little about programing and computers.

Luckily my husband is much more tech savvy than I am! We actually make a pretty good team. He does the coding, I do the creative part.

So, this week I've been drawing (yes, on paper with a pencil!!) what I want my website redesign to look like. I've decided to stick with the same color scheme (burgundy, blush, and pink with touches of grey and white) but will be adding some new graphics (because before I didn't have ANY graphics) and a new header.

Of course, I maybe using the wrong terminology here....header, banner, graphic, illustration, wallpaper, background, sidebar, footer, button, etc. It's mostly Greek to me. I just draw it, DH gives it a proper name :)

My goal is to have my redesign completed by Fall. It's going to be tough, but I think with a little (OK...a LOT) of work, we can finish in time.

Off to go do some reading on GIMP and Inkscape.

No comments: