Friday, June 29

Feeling a little RUSTY


Well, let's see....I haven't done a show since December 2nd, 2006.....so that makes it 7 months since my last show!

Yes, I'm feeling pretty rusty. Since my last show my focus has changed a little. I'm doing less bead work and much more metal work. I have to update and change all of my signage to reflect my changing focus.

I also realized that my price points are a bit higher than last year. I had to bite the bullet and get a merchant account so I can now accept credit cards at shows. In a small way, this step has also made me feel a little more validated as a "real" business.

I also upgraded my promos. Leslie from This&That made me some wonderful logoed button magnets. I also developed a tri-fold brochure with Artist Information and facts on the materials used in my jewelry. I included a few photos and and policy information too.

**Hint** When printing your own brochures, make sure the paper thickness is thick enough so you don't see the printing on the back of the brochure! I found (after trial and error) 28LB to be about perfect. My printer, which I love, has a bad habit of eating thick paper. I have yet to be able to print my own business cards or address labels! So, cautiously, I am printing brochures in tiny 5 page batches crossing my fingers I don't have too many "ooops" I have to throw away.

I'm not really changing my display much. I did buy some risers for my necklace busts to add some additional height to the overall display.

The only thing I'm really missing is a backdrop and a nice sign. I'm torn between making a backdrop out of PVC piping and fabric or buying a frame from a manufacturer. At this point, I do not have enough time to really do either. This show will not have a fabric backdrop. Fortunately, for this show I am against a wall, so my backdrop will be brick! :)

If you're in the Milwaukee area next weekend, stop by and say "HI." I promise to smile, give you a brochure and maybe even a promo pack (if you ask nicely).

ART vs. CRAFT - http://www.artvscraft.com/
July 7th and July 8th
Doors open at 11am CST

No comments: